With this letter, we kindly want to provide all information you might need to make sure that the run and your stay in the Dolomites are arranged in the best way.
RACING BIBS AND RACE PACKS
Racing bibs and race packs for the long-distance, short-distance and medium-distance runs will be distributed at the Pala Delicious marquee set up at the locality of Pocol, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday 23rd September 2022.
For the long distance run, the bib numbers and race packs can be picked up on Saturday 24th September from 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. in the centre of Cortina, at the Alpine Guides’ office in Piazza Dibona.
The bib numbers and race packs for the short distance run can be collected on Saturday 24th September from 8 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. at the Pala Delicious marquee at Pocol.
The racing bibs and race packs for the medium-distance run can be collected on Saturday 24th September from 7.30 a.m. to 8.15 a.m. at the Ski World Cup headquarters in La Villa (Via Plan Murin 5).
In order to collect your racing bib you have to
• show a valid document of identity:
• present a photocopy of the medical certificate to be released to the organizers if not previously sent by e-mail;
• show the compulsory equipment referred to in art. 7 of the regulations; if something is missing, the sanctions listed in art. 17 of the regulations will be applied.
APERICENA (aperitif-dinner) WITH THE TEAM CHEF CORTINA
On Friday 23rd September at the Pala Delicious (the place where you collect your bib), you can start to enjoy the flavours and aromas which characterize the whole Delicious Festival Dolomiti (the tasting menus are on payment). It is open to everyone. In order to enjoy the great gastronomical tradition of Cortina d’Ampezzo, you can chose between two menus presented by six chefs who are well known for their high quality cuisine:
• Long tasting menu - 6 courses and a glass of Prosecco Docg Conegliano Valdobbiadene Brut - Conte Collalto at a cost of 50 Euros.
• Short tasting menu - 2 courses and a glass of Prosecco Docg Conegliano Valdobbiadene Brut - Conte Collalto at a cost of 30 Euros.
PLEASE NOTE: A RESERVATION PER E-MAIL SENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org IS REQUIRED
STARTING TIME OF THE RACES
The Delicious Trail Dolomiti race starts on Saturday 24th September at 7.30 a.m. in the centre of Cortina; Access to the starting line will be regulated by the race officials.
The Short Delicious Trail Dolomiti starts on Saturday 24th September at 10 a.m. in the locality of Pocol.
The Medium Delicious Trail Dolomiti starts on Saturday 24th September at 9 a.m. at the finish area of the Ski World Cup in La Villa (Via Plan Murin 5).
PALA DELICIOUS– AWARDING AND GOURMET VOUCHER
On Saturday 24th September the Pala Delicious marquee at Pocol will be open to everyone from 7 a.m. and offer restaurant and café service.
The award ceremony will take place at 5 p.m. in the finish area.
The ceremony is followed by the Delicious Festival food and wine event, open to everyone, with the specialities of the refuges and restaurateurs of the Delicious Cortina area with a wide selection of dishes and wines.
In the race pack every participant will find a 12 € worth Gourmet Voucher valid on Saturday, 24th September.
PARKING SPOTS and SHUTTLES
On the day of the race, people are strongly advised not to park at Pocol or next to the start of the short-distance run.
The available parking spots are:
• at the bus station in Cortina d’Ampezzo
• at the turn of the bob run
• at Socrepes above and below the street SS48
• at Son dei Prade, 1,7 km after Pocol toward the Falzarego pass
For the 24th September, the race management has arranged the following shuttle services:
From Pocol to Piazza Roma
- Pocol – Piazza Roma: 6:00 a.m.(shuttle to the race start in the centre)
- Pocol – Piazza Roma: 6:40 a.m.(shuttle to the race start in the centre)
- Pocol – Piazza Roma: 7:20 a.m.
- Pocol – Piazza Roma: 8.00 a.m.
- Pocol – Piazza Roma: 8:40 a.m.
From Piazza Roma to Pocol with a stop at the Socrepes car park
- Piazza Roma – Pocol: 6:20 a.m.
- Piazza Roma – Pocol: 7:00 a.m.
- Piazza Roma – Pocol: 7:40 a.m.
- Piazza Roma – Pocol: 8:20 a.m.
- Piazza Roma – Pocol: 9:00 a.m.
From 11:30 a.m. until midnight
From 11.30 a.m. until midnight, a free shuttle service runs from the bus station in Cortina to Pocol and vice versa according to the following timetable:
- from Cortina to Pocol at 11 am - noon – 2 pm – 4 pm - 6 pm - 8 pm - 10 pm - 11 pm
- from Pocol to Cortina at 11.30 am - 1.30 pm - 2.30 pm - 4.30 pm - 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm - 10.30 pm - midnight
From the Son de Prade car park to Pocol
From the Son dei Prade car park, you can reach Pocol on a 900 meters long marked pedestrian path (see the dashed line on the map).
Shuttle services will be provided to the places of the Medium Delicious Trail race. The service is by reservation ONLY and for a fee of 5 euros (round trip). The price for a one-way ticket is the same.
The routes are:
• from Cortina to Badia (way there)
Only one departure at 7.15 a.m. from the bus station in Cortina. The ride also includes a stop in Pocol at 7.30 a.m. at the bus stop near the Villa Argentina hotel and one at 7.40 a.m. at the Son dei Prade car park. This service is subject to reservation by 21st September. After this date, transport from Cortina to Badia is no longer guaranteed and subject to availability.
• from Pocol to Badia(return)
Three bus rides are scheduled: at 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
BAG TRANSPORT SERVICE
For the competitors of the medium-distance and long-distance races the race management has arranged a bag transport service from the start of the race (Cortina city centre or La Villa) to the finishing area of both races at Pocol. In the race envelope, you will find the adhesive to stick on your bag. Only one bag per person is allowed.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AT POCOL
Showers and toilets will be provided in the start and finish area.
The medical certificate published at this link: medical certificate for competitive sports / athletics, valid at least until 24th September 2022, is required to participate in the races.
In the event of a compulsory equipment check (see art. 7 of the regulations) an item is missing, the penalities specified in art. 17 will be applied.
Along the trail, the professional photographers of Sportograf will take pictures and capture various moments of your run in the Dolomites.
IN CASE OF WITHDRAWAL
On your race bib, you will find the telephone number. Should you drop out of the competition, please send an SMS to the phone number written on your race bib specifying your bib number and your position, so that we can guarantee support and assistance.
Enjoy yor run and your stay!
The Race Management of the Delicious Trail Dolomiti